Andrea Cotromano has a degree in Bussiness Economics (Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi – Milan – 1991). After the first two years spent in business consultancy (Andersen Consulting), in 1993 he joined Sugarmusic, a prominent italian independent record label and music publisher, where he still is today, since 2003 serving as its Managing Director. As such, he is mainly involved in business strategy and contractual negotiations.
For Sugarmusic, he was also project manager and producer of the following live events and related TV Special/DVD productions:
- Andrea Bocelli – Amore Under the Desert Stars (2005 – Lake Las Vegas, Las Vegas);
- Andrea Bocelli – Vivere – Live From Tuscany (2007 – Lajatico);
- Andrea Bocelli – My Christmas (2009 – Dolby Theater Los Angeles);
- Andrea Bocelli – One Night in Central Park (2011 – Central Park, New York);
- Andrea Bocelli – Love in Portofino (2012 – Portofino).
Since the creation (in 2000) of SCF, the leading italian neighbouring rights collecting society, he has been part of its board, taking up vice-precidency in 2015. As a board member, he is regularly involved, among others, in the negotiatiation of the most relevant licensing agreements as well as in the determination of income distribution criteria.
He was also member of the Commissione Musica of SIAE, the italian collecting society for songwriters and publishers, for the period 2003 to 2010. Such commission acted as a consulting body to SIAE board of directors for, among others, contractual negotiations and income distribution criteria.